Restorative dentistry is a branch of dentistry that deals with repairing and restoring the function, health, and aesthetics of your smile after decay or damage occurs. These procedures can involve a combination of different services, depending on each patient's unique needs.
Common restorative treatments include dental crowns and bridges, dental implants, and tooth-colored fillings. At Richard D. Sellen, DDS, our goal is to restore your teeth to their natural state — as beautiful as they were meant to be! Unlike preventive dentistry, which focuses on maintaining oral health through regular cleanings and check-ups, restorative dentistry takes a more comprehensive approach by offering treatments to restore the structure, strength, and appearance of your teeth.
Restorative dentistry in San Jose, CA, encompasses a range of procedures designed to restore the function and aesthetics of your teeth. From fixing cavities to replacing missing teeth, there are several types of restorative procedures that can help you achieve a healthy and confident smile.
In essence, restorative dentistry in San Jose, CA, provides tailored solutions to address various oral health concerns while aiming to enhance your overall smile esthetics at the same time. The best way to determine which treatment is right for you is by consulting with our dentist, who will evaluate your specific needs and recommend an appropriate course of action.
Restorative dentistry in San Jose, CA, offers a wide range of benefits that can significantly improve your oral health and enhance your overall quality of life. Here are some advantages to consider:
1. Improved Functionality: One major advantage of restorative dentistry is the restoration of proper dental function. Whether you have missing teeth, damaged enamel, or bite alignment issues, restorative procedures such as dental implants, crowns, and orthodontics can help restore your ability to chew and speak properly.
2. Enhanced Aesthetics: Restoring the appearance of your smile is another key benefit. With advancements in modern dentistry techniques and materials, restorative procedures can provide natural-looking results that blend seamlessly with your existing teeth.
3. Increased Confidence: Having a healthy and beautiful smile can boost your self-esteem and confidence levels. When you feel good about how your teeth look, it positively impacts various aspects of your personal and professional life.
4. Long-Term Oral Health: By addressing dental problems promptly through restorative treatments, you can prevent further damage or decay from occurring in the future. This helps maintain optimal oral health for years to come.
5. Pain Relief: Restorative dentistry procedures like root canal therapy alleviate tooth pain caused by infection or inflammation within the tooth pulp.
6. Prevention of Jawbone Loss: Missing teeth can lead to jawbone deterioration over time due to lack of stimulation from chewing forces. Dental implants not only replace missing teeth but also stimulate bone growth in the jaw, preventing bone loss.
7. Customized Treatment Plans: Every individual has specific dental needs; hence, restorative dentistry offers personalized treatment plans tailored to address each patient's unique requirements effectively.